The Amazing Adventures of Lunimous Lucid, The Scropulous Joyful Jester

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Ringtale Notes....VIII

Of Hope and Cynicism

My Dear Butterfingers,

I must confess to a certain curiosity with why things turn out as they do. I have read the scripts history reveals to us, the past turn to show us the plot of where we're heading to. I've even heard one man say 'all new news is old news happening to new people.' And being of a particular age, I was raised with a certain degree of optimism. With the shackles of childhood broken, once again we could get back to the normal business of pursuing happiness, love and success, which at the time we though it was going to be easy. However optimism is not hope, yet it is a recurring feature of life in good times. It is also a feature that all to quickly vanishes and reveals itself for what it is when bad times return.

My friend, my heart has been growing heavy when I look back on all the friendships that ended abruptly due to the emotional concoction that wanted to take these relationships to a world created for romance, Eden, yet instead left a trail of butterflies our stomachs and a lot of elephants in the room. But I must thank God that instead of growing cynical from such historical awakenings, I found hope and a space to breadth in these suffocated rooms. When hope fades, cynicism is often waiting in the wings. And this is indeed one of the great challenges for us. Skepticism (there is nothing good and I know it) and cynicism (I can’t trust anybody or anything and I know this) seem reasonable choices. But is this a necessary outcome or orientation for us? I think not. Yet, if we have bought into a rationalist vision, if we have embraced the vision and values of our age uncritically, if faith is merely a part-time investment in an over cluttered life, then perhaps we don’t have the necessary orientation or resolve to face the issues and challenges of our time.

The moments will be awkward, and most of the times frustrating. The memories will be haunting, and the journey even more tough cause of the heart that grows weary with every step. But the hope that we have, that of Eden, where, after many years of hopeless wondering, God will be re-enacting the two souls that were meant to be. For now it going to be tough, I now  it is, but the scripts that are revealed by history (His-story) are the learning and building blocks that are there to equip and better us, instead of shooting us down, lingering in broken hearts and tainted emotions.

May the Beauty be patient with us, as we are only young men growing daily in the heartbeat of God.



Yours Affectionate Brother In Arms,

Ringtale, The Guy Who Plays A Certain Instrument

No comments:

Post a Comment